6 December 2008

On a roll, baby!

So, AssociatedContent finally published the last article I had in the queue, the one about how to make a smooth transition from day-job to freelance writing. I myself am still in the middle of that transition, but I hope I will be able to into freelance writing full time at the end of 2009. Yes, it's a huge plan but I'm hopefull. Plus I do have a contracted day job till September 2009...

Apart from that, I also got my first freelance job. Remember how I wrote that I bid on some jobs and I had one i like best and hoped I'll manage to land it?

Well, the good news is that I actually did. I got an e-mail from the site owner and I'll be starting the job soon. Of course the moment I do, I'll give you lot a link. Mostly to show of, how awesome I am :P It's a meta-writing gig, so just right up my alley. I hope I don't have t tell you how excited I am...

On a slightly worse note, I didn't do much of actual writing. Yes, I a very ashamed of myself. Not even a short review and 've been watching some very review friendly movies lately... Maybe instead of reading stories online, I could go and write something... Procrastination is evil, let me tell you. But it feels so damn good...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done on getting some freelance writing work. I do hope you can make the transition to full time writing in 2009.

Tess said...

Congratulations on getting the freelance gig! I was in your same shoes just a few months ago and just recently left my day job to work fully from home as a freelance writer. It takes time, persistence and hard work, but you will get there soon. Just keep taking those baby steps to your dream in 2009!

Jane Rutherford said...

@Tess, thanks a lot for your words :) I definitely will take baby steps:) I'm optimistic about my career :)

Anonymous said...

We are on the same journey. I'm glad that I found your blog. I like knowing what other people are experiencing! I hope 2009 is a great success for us all!